James C. Lesnett, Jr.
“Our clients look to us to achieve the best possible results – whether in or out of the courtroom.”
Jamie Lesnett focuses his practice on complex business litigation and white collar criminal defense. Mr. Lesnett has extensive experience litigating complex business disputes in federal and state courts throughout the United States, including litigation involving business torts, unfair competition, trade secrets and financial services. He also represents individuals and companies under investigation for financial fraud and other crimes, including securities fraud, mortgage fraud, health care fraud and government contract fraud.
Mr. Lesnett’s recent experience includes:
- Obtained dismissal of suit seeking $4 million in damages for breach of contract, fraud and unfair and deceptive trade practices. Successfully defended case on appeal to the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Supreme Court.
- Obtained dismissal of suit seeking $12 million in damages for libel and slander.
- Successfully defended suit seeking injunctive relief based on claims of breach of a covenant not to compete and trade secret misappropriation resulting in published opinion by the North Carolina Business Court.
White Collar Criminal Defense
- Represented company in investigation by the SEC that resulted in no enforcement action.
- Represented bank executives and employees in mortgage fraud investigation by the OCC and HUD. Represented clients in related civil proceedings pending in federal and state courts throughout the United States.
- Represented trustee of collective bargaining organization in five-year investigation and prosecution related to allegations of wire fraud, mail fraud and bank fraud.
- False Claims Act – 2012 Year in Review
25 years and $35 billion later, the government targets the health care, defense and financial services industries
February 6, 2013
- Parker Poe Names New Partners for 2013
January 2, 2013
- Wal-Mart Reports Highlight Dangers of Payments to Foreign Officials
May 23, 2012
- James C. Lesnett, Jr. Joins the Parker Poe Litigation Department
October 24, 2007
CharlotteThree Wells Fargo Center
401 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Practices & Industries
- Antitrust & Business Torts
- Commercial Litigation
- Government Investigations & White Collar Defense
- Financial Services Litigation
- Harvard University
- Bluefield College
BS, summa cum laude, 2001
- North Carolina, 2007
- West Virginia (inactive), 2005