L. Dwight Floyd
Director of Knowledge Management
"As a firm, we manage our assets, including our knowledge assets, in order to maximize value for our clients."
Dwight Floyd serves as Parker Poe’s Director of Knowledge Management and works closely with practice group leaders, attorneys and staff members to implement streamlined processes for maintaining and leveraging the collective knowledge of the Firm.
In this role, Mr. Floyd manages various key initiatives that include integrating the Firm’s knowledge with its business processes (matter intake, legal project management, fee arrangements and business development initiatives); client collaboration, surveying and information sharing; and refreshing and enhancing Parker Poe’s document and information portal and search functionality.
Mr. Floyd joined Parker Poe’s Columbia office in 2004. He practiced primarily in commercial litigation, with an emphasis on science and technology issues and the unique challenges they present to business disputes. He previously served as a member and chair of the Firm’s Litigation Technology Committee.
Mr. Floyd is a graduate of the Trial Advocacy Institute at the National Trial Advocacy College. Prior to joining Parker Poe, he practiced in Atlanta, Georgia, in the areas of products liability and technology litigation for software, automotive and pharmaceutical companies.
While at the University of Virginia School of Law, Mr. Floyd was a member of the managing board of the Virginia Journal of Law and Technology.
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Dwight Floyd Featured in Lawyers Weekly Article
North Carolina Lawyers Weekly/South Carolina Lawyers Weekly
July 8, 2013
- Dwight Floyd Named New Director of Knowledge Management
June 10, 2013
- Dwight Floyd Named to South Carolina Chamber Board of Directors
February 2, 2012
- Dwight Floyd Appointed to GSSM Board of Trustees
January 21, 2010
- Parker Poe Names Nine New Partners
January 1, 2009
- Upcoming Seminars: Electronic Discovery
February 22, 2006
- Parker Poe is Pleased to Announce that L. Dwight Floyd has Joined the Firm as an Associate in the Columbia Office
November 22, 2004
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Applying the Rules of Evidence: What Every Attorney Needs to Know
Determining Admissibility Seminar, National Business Institute (November 2010, December 2011 & 2012)
- Rules on Discovery and Use of Electronic Evidence
Electronic Discovery Seminar, Half Moon, LLC
- Life After Enron: Basic Litigation Risk Management with Regard to Document Creation, Retention and Destruction
Advanced Securities Law Seminar, Georgia State Bar
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
Board of Directors, 2011-2013
- South Carolina Governor's School for Science and Mathematics
Board of Trustees, 2010-present; Alumni Association Board Member, 2007-2010; President, 2008-2009
- Defense Research Institute
Columbia1201 Main Street
Columbia, SC 29201