Scott E. Bayzle
Scott Bayzle litigates commercial disputes for both large and small businesses and has extensive experience representing clients in federal and state courts (trial and appellate levels) and in arbitration tribunals. He focuses his practice on business tort litigation, including cases involving unfair and deceptive trade practices, securities fraud, intellectual property disputes, unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, breach of contract and tortious interference with contract.
Mr. Bayzle also represents financial institutions in actions involving allegations of lender liability, misrepresentation, negligence and fraud. Additionally, he represents corporations and their boards of directors related to conflicts of interest, derivative actions and fiduciary duties.
An experienced litigator, Mr. Bayzle has handled disputes involving insurance coverage and fraud, defamation, First Amendment issues, trusteeship law, ERISA, the Uniform Commercial Code and a variety of commercial contract disputes. He has also spent considerable time representing the low wealth school districts of North Carolina in the Leandro litigation (see Hoke County Bd. of Ed. v. State).
Mr. Bayzle is a member of Parker Poe’s Recruiting Committee and handles pro bono matters for Legal Aid of North Carolina.
Some of Mr. Bayzle’s recent successes include:
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of an action alleging misrepresentation, fraud, and unfair and deceptive trade practices in the insurance industry context
- Successfully defended misappropriation of trade secrets action on behalf of Fortune 500 client
- Obtained dismissal of an action against a large financial institution based on various principles of federal preemption
- Successfully defeated shareholder group’s motion for preliminary injunction against corporation and its board of directors and, subsequently, negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of clients
- Represented and negotiated favorable settlement on behalf of corporation and its board of directors in action alleging fraud, misrepresentation and unfair competition
- Obtained dismissal of defamation action at trial level and the affirmation of that dismissal on appeal
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star in Business Litigation, 2011-2013
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- Guy T. Carswell Scholar, Wake Forest University
- Forty-Four Parker Poe Attorneys Named 2013 NC Super Lawyers
January 18, 2013
- Parker Poe Names New Partners for 2013
January 2, 2013
- Forty-Two Parker Poe Attorneys Named as 2012 NC Super Lawyers
January 20, 2012
- Thirty-Seven Parker Poe Attorneys Named NC Super Lawyers for 2011
January 25, 2011
RaleighWells Fargo Capitol Center
150 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601