Parker Poe is a leader in the Southeast representing international companies competing in the world market. Since forming our international practice in the early 1980s, we have seen global business change along with the needs of our clients. Parker Poe's international business attorneys provide clients, in the Southeast and beyond, with quality and effective legal advice based on years of experience and a local and worldwide network of corporate, financial, political, and professional relationships, clients, and contacts. As a member of the TerraLex® network of law firms, we have access to more than 155 law firms worldwide and seek to provide prompt and effective service around the globe.
Our clients include multinational, foreign, and domestic clients, both public and private. We are equipped to serve a wide range of industries, including automotive, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, textiles, chemicals, technology, telecommunications, and energy. We offer our clients creative, responsive, and aggressive legal strategies as well as a broad portfolio of legal services.
Although the speed and technology of global business have changed, the values we bring to our clients have not. From small, private companies investing in the Southeast to public companies making acquisitions abroad, our clients benefit from our comprehensive legal services, extensive contacts, and depth of knowledge in the international business world.
Parker Poe's international business attorneys have experience in areas such as:
- Inbound investment and corporate counseling on corporate, commercial, and contract issues, including intellectual property and employment issues.
- Outbound investment, in cooperation with foreign law firms, into other countries on corporate, commercial, and other contract issues.
- Mergers and acquisitions and other cross-border transactions, including joint ventures, partnerships, and banking.
- Business incentives and investments, including services for developing, constructing, and financing manufacturing, research, and other facilities.
- Immigration services for all aspects of business-related immigration and visa law.
- International tax services for business investments and transactions, including coordinating with foreign tax advisors to provide effective global tax advice, and guidance with respect to international tax compliance and investigations.
- International trade and U.S. customs matters in connection with the import and export of products and technology.
- Transnational litigation and arbitration to protect and defend the rights of our clients.