- Representation of senior banking officials during a federal grand jury investigation
- Representation of officers and directors during SEC investigation of possible securities and accounting violations
- Major health care fraud investigations and defense involving the U.S. Department of Justice, HHS-OIG, and state Departments of Justice
- Advised, counseled and assisted in the defense of pharmaceutical and biotech companies in False Claim Act litigation involving off-label usage and PBM/GPO arrangements
- Federal criminal investigation of a health care products company suspected of improper billing, marketing and sales practices
- Representation of a major laboratory facing parallel state and federal investigations
- Represented defense contractor in comprehensive export enforcement action (ITAR and EAR) conducted by multiple federal agencies
- Representation of a Fortune 500 client in a private federal grand jury investigation
- Counsel in federal court to a court-appointed receiver managing an SEC-related matter
- Dismissal by U.S. Attorney's Office of all charges against our executive client concerning allegations of federal criminal fraud
- Antitrust counsel to a Fortune 500 company
- Representation of a major manufacturer victimized by a key competitor’s criminal conduct
- Representation of a hospital and doctors targeted by federal and state agencies for alleged criminal, civil and regulatory violations
- Defense of a major health care provider facing federal allegations of fraud
- Conducted an internal review of sensitive allegations of attorney misconduct for a federal district court
- Defended companies and individuals in antitrust grand jury investigations
International Intrigue – In a three-year investigation and litigation matter, we assisted the client with issues arising from the conduct of an eastern European CEO of a joint venture with our American client and several other European companies. The complex and high-stakes matter ultimately involved state court litigation, administrative hearings before a federal administrative law judge and investigations and related proceedings before federal authorities and the whistle blower arm of OSHA (part of the U.S. Department of Justice).
Acquiring Trouble – We represented a global high-tech company in an action initiated by the Federal Trade Commission under Section 2 of the Sherman Act and arising from the client’s acquisition of a competing company.
Antitrust Issues – Our team has represented companies in a variety of national and international antitrust and price fixing investigations. As an example, we represented an American subsidiary of a Japanese company in an investigation conducted by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice resulting in a declination of prosecution (no charges filed).
Risky Business Overseas – Our team assisted a defense contractor in a two-year multicountry FCPA investigation regarding allegations in the news media of bribes paid to a foreign government official to obtain an operating license. Although the government expanded its investigation several times, our team successfully resolved the matter with a “declination letter” from the Department of Justice (no prosecution, no fines, no penalties).