Charlotte, NC – Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP announced today that 20 of the firm’s attorneys were named North Carolina Super Lawyers for 2017. The Super Lawyers list recognizes no more than five percent of attorneys in each state.
In addition, another 14 attorneys were recognized as North Carolina Rising Stars for 2017. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger, or in practice for 10 years or less.
Parker Poe Partners Catharine Biggs Arrowood and Stacy Wood were named among the Top 50 female lawyers. Catharine Biggs Arrowood and Michael Adams were also named to the Top 100 lawyers in North Carolina.
- Michael G. Adams, , Business Litigation
- Daniel G. (Dan) Clodfelter, Business Litigation
- William L. Esser, IV, Business Litigation
- Richard S. Glaser, Jr., Criminal Defense: White Collar
- James N. Greene, III, Tax
- Thomas N. Griffin, III, Environmental
- Josephine H. Hicks, Business Litigation
- J. William Porter, Bankruptcy
- William F. (Rich) Potts, Jr., Banking
- Wanda C. Townsend, Banking
- Keith M. Weddington, Employment & Labor
- Stacy K. Wood, Employment & Labor
Charlotte Rising Stars
- Andrew F. Dana, Estate Planning & Probate
- Jessica C. Dixon, Civil Litigation
- Sarah Fulton Hutchins, Business Litigation
- Brian E. Koontz, Banking
- Bradley K. Overcash, Personal Injury Defense
- Shalanna L. Pirtle, Employment Litigation: Defense
- Morgan H. Rogers, Business Litigation
- Catharine Biggs Arrowood, Business Litigation
- Brian D. Darer, Bankruptcy
- Melanie Black Dubis, Business Litigation
- Russell B. Killen, Construction Litigation
- Steven B. Long, Employee Benefits
- Renee J. Montgomery, Health Care
- William G. Pappas, Business/Corporate
- Cynthia L. Wittmer, Business Litigation
Raleigh Rising Stars
- Scott E. Bayzle, Business Litigation
- William B. Cannon, Intellectual Property
- Matthew H. Mall, Business Litigation
- Katherine E. Ross, Administrative Law
- Jamie S. Schwedler, Land Use/Zoning
- Matthew P. Weiner, Creditor Debtor Rights
- Matthew W. Wolfe, Health Care
About Super Lawyers
Published by Thomson Reuters, North Carolina Super Lawyers lists the top five percent of attorneys in North Carolina. Attorneys are selected using a rigorous multiphase selection process, considering a wide range of objective indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement.
About Parker Poe
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP has approximately 200 lawyers in seven offices located in major markets across North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. The firm provides legal counsel to large commercial and public organizations on litigation, corporate and regulatory matters.
Parker Poe is a member of TerraLex, one of the world’s leading international legal networks. With 155 member law firms and 19,000 attorneys in 100 countries, TerraLex members provide the legal resources and expertise needed to conduct seamless business worldwide.