Theft of confidential business information and trade secrets is a huge threat to U.S. companies today. Trade secret theft costs companies an estimated $300 billion per year. Each year, companies lose their valuable trade secrets to the illegal conduct of competitors, business partners and departing employees. Despite the urgency of this problem, many companies fail to implement effective measures to protect their trade secrets, and those that have, remain vulnerable due to advancements in technology, which make it possible to steal vast amounts of confidential information.
Our panel of trade secret and employment lawyers, a computer forensic examiner and a damages expert will explain how companies can protect their trade secrets from misappropriation and offer tactics for litigating and winning trade secret cases.
- Tactics: A Game Plan for Protecting Your Trade Secrets (Eric D. Welsh)
- Structuring the Employment Relationship to Deter Unfair Competition (Jonathan M. Crotty)
- Computer Security: Essential Steps to Protecting Your Trade Secrets (Chris Hodge & James C. Lesnett, Jr.)
- Damages: Now that your Trade Secrets are Gone, Can you be Compensated? (Graham D. Rogers)
- Question and Answer Session
Thursday, September 23
Breakfast: 8:00 am
Presentation: 8:30 am – 10:30 am
Three Wachovia Center
401 South Tryon Street, Suite 3000
Charlotte, North Carolina 28202
NC CLE credit has been approved for this presentation. SC CLE credit and CPE credit are still pending.
The presentation will be shown live via video conference at the Parker Poe office in the following cities:
North Carolina – Raleigh
South Carolina – Charleston, Columbia and Spartanburg
To register email email@example.com or call 704-348-2768 by September 17.
Please remember to indicate the office where you will attend.