Jump to Section Menu
Tax for Fintech Companies
Parker Poe’s sophisticated tax practice handles complex international, federal, state, and local tax matters for our clients. Our tax attorneys can advise our fintech clients on the tax implications of a broad spectrum of transactions, handle complex tax audits, appeals and other tax controversies, and negotiate tax credits and incentives. Our tax attorneys have a diverse background and include former high-level state and federal governmental officials and "Big Four" tax accounting experience.
Parker Poe’s tax team has substantial experience in multiple areas of tax law, including:
- Federal income tax advice and planning, including representing clients in tax-intensive business restructurings, tax controversy, and litigation, such as representing taxpayers at all levels of a dispute with the IRS.
- State and local tax advice and planning; controversy representation, including audit defense, administrative appeals, trial and appellate court litigation, and advising clients on the state and local tax implications of transactions and restructurings.
- International taxation, including both inbound and outbound tax planning and cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising clients on federal, state, and local tax incentives and credits.
- Representation of tax-exempt organizations with respect to a broad range of tax, governance, and transactional matters.