Skip to Main Content

Keeping you informed

CIS Change of Address: Form AR-11

    Client Alerts
  • March 06, 2007

Under current U.S. immigration law, almost all non-U.S. citizens in the United States for more than 29 days are required to notify the Department of Homeland Security ("DHS") of any change of address within 10 days of the change using a Form AR-11.  Traditionally, the AR-11 has been submitted by mail to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service ("USCIS") in Kentucky. 

Non-immigrants and lawful permanent residents of the United States may now submit Form AR-11 online at  The new online change of address system allows most non-U.S. citizens to electronically notify the DHS of the change of address and to request that the change of address be updated on any applications and/or petitions currently pending with USCIS.  While it is still possible to complete and mail in a paper Form AR-11, changes of address submitted by paper will not be updated on any pending applications or petitions. 

We recommend that all eligible clients submit their change of address through the online system.  NOTE:  Non-immigrants subject to Special Registration are not eligible to use the online change of address system.  Special Registrants must continue to use Form AR-11 SR to notify the USCIS of any change of address.  Form AR-11 SR may be downloaded here