Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP announced today that eight attorneys have been elected partners in the Firm. These elections reflect growth and expansion in each of the Firm’s core practice areas.
- Jamie Bruce, a member of the Business Law Department in the Charleston office, focuses his practice in the area of corporate counseling and mergers and acquisitions. He is also a member of the firm’s Resort, Hospitality and Planned Development Group and has significant experience representing real estate developers and owners and operators of golf, hotel and resort properties. Mr. Bruce received his JD from Georgetown University Law Center and his BA from Washington & Lee University.
- Nelson Chandler is a member of the Litigation Department in the Charleston office. Mr. Chandler concentrates his practice in the area of complex civil litigation, with an emphasis on employment litigation, commercial litigation and class actions. He received his JD from the University of Virginia and his BA, magna cum laude, from Davidson College.
- Bo Manuel is a member of the Banking & Capital Markets Department in the Charleston office. His practice focuses primarily on the representation of mortgage portfolio servicers in connection with CMBS loans. Mr. Manuel received his JD, cum laude, from the University of South Carolina and his BA from Washington & Lee University.
- Bobby Mozingo, a member of the Real Estate & Commercial Development Department in the Charleston office, represents buyers, sellers, owners, developers, landlords and tenants in all phases of commercial real estate matters. Mr. Mozingo received his JD from the University of South Carolina and his BS from Clemson University.
- Charles Raynal is a member of the Regulatory Department in the Raleigh office. Mr. Raynal represents businesses and local governments in civil litigation in federal and state courts and in arbitration proceedings. Mr. Raynal received his JD from Wake Forest University and his BA from Davidson College.
- Richard Rivera, a member of the Litigation Department in the Charlotte office, represents hospitals, physicians, nurses, allied medical professionals, medical device manufacturers and their insurers in a broad range of issues, including personal injury defense, insurance litigation, premises liability litigation and medical malpractice. He received his JD from Wake Forest University and his BA, cum laude, from Davidson College.
- Will Thomas, a member of the Regulatory Department in the Columbia office, practices in the area of health care law. He represents hospitals, health systems, physicians and other health related entities in a variety of administrative, regulatory and litigation concerns. Mr. Thomas received his JD, cum laude, from the University of South Carolina, his MHA from the Medical University of South Carolina, and his BA from Washington & Lee University.
- Kent Workman is a member of the Business Law Department in the Charlotte office. Mr. Workman represents public and private companies, as well as private equity and other investor groups, in a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and corporate finance transactions. He received his JD from the University of Virginia and his Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from the Citadel.
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP has 225 lawyers in six offices across the Carolinas, including Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina, and Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Spartanburg, South Carolina. The Firm counsels clients in Banking & Capital Markets, Business Law, Litigation, Real Estate & Commercial Development and Regulatory Law. These clients represent a wide range of industries, including leaders in international banking and finance, as well as health care and life sciences, retail, energy, construction, manufacturing, technology, professional services, and resort and hospitality companies. For additional information, visit www.parkerpoe.com.