The Charlotte Regional Partnership (CRP) appointed Alan Dexter of Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP to a fourth term on its Board of Directors and Leadership Team for the 2008-2009 fiscal year beginning July 1.
“Alan is a strong advocate for regionalism and the industry recruitment activities of The Charlotte Regional Partnership,” said Ronnie Bryant, President and CEO of the CRP. “We are fortunate to have him not only serving on our Board but also Chairing our Planning and Performance Review Committee. As Chair of that Committee, Alan will help set CRP’s budget priorities and measure staff’s progress on this year’s economic development initiatives.”
Other Board members include:
- Board Chair Tony Almeida, Vice President of Business Relations and Economic Development with Duke Energy Carolinas
- Humpy Wheeler, First Vice Chair
- Landon Wyatt, Partner with Childress Klein Properties, Second Vice Chair and Business Development and Marketing Advisory Committee Chair
- Pete Acker, President and CEO of Carolinas Medical Center-Lincoln, Treasurer
- Jeff Kane, Senior Vice President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond Charlotte Office, Audit Committee Chair
- Robert Van Geons, Executive Director of the Salisbury-Rowan Economic Development Commission, Economic Development Advisory Committee Chair
- Steve Luquire, CEO of Luquire George Andrews, immediate past Board Chair
According to Dexter, “The CRP’s mission is to market the Charlotte region to the world. Our Board and staff are committed to an aggressive, systematic Program of Work focused this year on recruiting companies from three key industry sectors: Health Care & Life Sciences, Defense & Security, and Energy & Environment. Board Chair Tony Almeida is a dynamic leader and I’m excited to be part of his team.”
The CRP, a nonprofit, public/private economic development organization, leverages regional economic development resources to sustain and enhance the growth, vitality and global competitiveness of the 16-county, two-state Charlotte region.
The CRP’s services include site location assistance and customized research for business prospects considering Charlotte USA. The Partnership’s business development activities position the region for long-term growth, job creation and investment opportunities. Visit the CRP website: www.charlotteusa.com.