Bruce Thompson, Parker Poe Government & Public Policy Practice Group Leader, was in the crowd of more than 84,000 for Senator Barack Obama’s nomination acceptance speech on Aug. 28 at Invesco Field in Denver.
Bruce served with 133 other elected delegates from North Carolina at the 2008 Democratic National Convention (DNC), held in the Mile High City from Aug. 25-28.
While attending the DNC, Bruce contributed to print, broadcast and online media. Please click the links below to see Bruce’s blog entries and media interviews:
- Interviewed for Winston-Salem Journal article that ran on August 29: N.C. Dems Clear: It’s Obama
- Media General daily blog entries: First Day in Denver, Convention Kick-Off, Michelle Obama and Ted Kennedy Hit Home Runs, Hillary Kicks It Up A Notch, and Roll Call of a Lifetime
- Interviewed on Aug. 26 by NBC-17 in Raleigh via satellite for reactions to Senator Clinton's speech
- National FOX News Channel video and blog diary entries: Action on the Street, Finally Inside the Hall, Big Head Todd and Governor Ed Rendell, EMILY’S List, Hillary’s Moment, President Clinton Delivers, and various video clips, including Bruce Interviews Rep. David Price, Bruce and President Carter and DNC Service Day (Look for a story on this project and the NC connections on NC Now on Thursday, Aug. 28 at 7:30 p.m. on UNC-TV.)
- Quoted in “Under the Dome” blog entries run by the Raleigh News & Observer: Denver Delegate Report, Women’s Day and The Cheap Seats
- Mentioned in Wake Forest University’s Alumni Blog: Deacons representing at the Democratic Convention