Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP announced today that nine attorneys have been elected partners in the Firm. These elections reflect growth and expansion in each of the Firm’s core practice areas.
- Jason R. Benton, a member of the Litigation Department in the Charlotte office, focuses his practice on the defense of personal injury, property damage, products liability and professional malpractice claims. Mr. Benton received his JD, 2001 and his BA, cum laude, 1998 from Wake Forest University.
- David W. Brown, Jr., a member of the Real Estate & Commercial Development Department in the Charlotte office, focuses his practice on the purchase, sale and development of mixed-use developments involving joint ventures and public-private partnerships. Mr. Brown received his JD, 1991 from Vanderbilt University and his AB, with distinction, 1988 from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Deirdre T. Denechaud, a member of the Real Estate & Commercial Development Department in the Raleigh office, represents buyers, sellers, owners, developers, landlords and tenants in all phases of commercial real estate matters. Ms. Denechaud received her JD, 1998 from the University of Georgia and her BA, 1995 from Washington & Lee University.
- Allison B. Edgar, a member of the Regulatory Department in the Charlotte office, concentrates her practice on environmental litigation, regulatory compliance matters and business transactions involving environmental issues. Ms. Edgar received her JD, 2001 and her BA, 1998 from the University of Virginia.
- Dwight L. Floyd, a member of the Litigation Department in the Columbia office, concentrates his practice primarily in commercial litigation, with an emphasis on science and technology issues. He has represented clients in a variety of disputes in the manufacturing, financial, technology, service and construction industries. Mr. Floyd received his JD, 2001 from the University of Virginia, his MS, 1998 from Colorado State University and his BS, summa cum laude, 1994 from Clemson University.
- Kevin B. Gottehrer, a member of the Business Law Department in the Charlotte office, focuses on acquisitions and finance transactions. Mr. Gottehrer received his JD, 2001 from Boston University and his BA, 1998 from Brown University.
- Krista M. McGuire, a member of the Litigation Department in the Charleston office, concentrates her practice on professional malpractice, employment, business torts and complex litigation. Ms. McGuire received her JD, with honors, 2001 from the University of Florida and her BA, 1997 from Florida State University.
- Jason P. Walton, a member of the Banking & Capital Markets Department in the Charleston office represents mortgage portfolio servicers and successor borrowers in connection with defeasances of commercial mortgage loans. Mr. Walton received his LLM, 2002 from New York University, his JD, cum laude, 2001 from Washington and Lee University, his MBA, summa cum laude, 1998 and his BS, summa cum laude, 1997 from Spring Hill College.
About Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP has nearly 250 lawyers in offices across the Carolinas. The Firm represents domestic and international clients in litigation and dispute, commercial, transactional and regulatory matters, including employment, environmental and government affairs.