The North Carolina Association of Municipal Attorneys announced Anthony Fox, a partner with Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, will serve as the organization’s President for the 2009-2010 term. The association is the member organization for all municipal attorneys in North Carolina.
As an affiliate of the NC League of Municipal Attorneys, the organization provides leadership, advocacy and educational training on issues affecting cities and towns throughout the state, including:
- Economic development procedures
- Eminent domain developments
- Employment law
Mr. Fox has served in several leadership posts with the NC Association of Municipal Attorneys, as well as with Parker Poe where he is a member of the law firm’s board of directors. Additionally, he serves as town attorney for the Town of Weddington and the Village of Marvin, North Carolina.
Mr. Fox is acknowledged as one of the leading government & public policy attorneys in North Carolina, recognized in Woodward/White’s The Best Lawyers in America in land use & zoning law. His litigation experience includes:
- City of Fayetteville’s ability to adopt the largest annexation in North Carolina’s history (successfully defended before the North Carolina appellate courts and the United States Supreme Court)
- Town of Spencer’s ability to achieve prior jurisdiction over East Spencer’s involuntary annexation (Town of Spencer v. Town of East Spencer)
- Rowan County’s ability to deny the construction of a radio broadcast tower as a proper exercise of local control consistent with FAA regulations
Before joining Parker Poe, Mr. Fox served as assistant city attorney with the cities of Winston-Salem and Wilmington, North Carolina.
About Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP has 220 lawyers in six offices across the Carolinas. The Firm represents domestic and international clients in litigation and dispute, commercial, transactional and regulatory matters, including employment, environmental and government affairs.