Legal Technology News (LTN) has named Steve Fletcher, chief information officer of Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP, as "IT Director of the Year." LTN is the legal profession's largest technology publication. Winners of the Seventh Annual LTN Technology Awards, recognizing the best technology use – and users – in the legal profession, will be honored on February 1, 2010, at the LegalTech® conference in New York.
"This individual award is recognition of our entire information services team and its commitment to technology that supports excellent client service," said Fletcher.
Parker Poe Managing Partner Bill Farthing added, "These days, when clients have increased budget pressures and service needs, our firm remains committed to investing in technology to distinguish the efficiency and quality of our service."
Winners of the 2009 LTN Awards were selected by an independent jury of technology experts from the legal profession and academia. The winners include:
- IT Director of the Year: Steve Fletcher (Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein)
- Champion of Technology: Tom Baldwin (Reed Smith)
- Most Innovative Use of Technology by a Law Firm: Tom Baldwin (Reed Smith)
- Most Innovative Use of Technology by an In-House Legal Department: Chad Anson (Dell)
- Most Innovative Use of Technology During a Trial: Khmer Rouge Trial Team (Cambodia Tribunal)
- Most Innovative Use of Technology for a Pro Bono Project: Lynn Burns (Pro Bono Law Ontario)
- Consultant of the Year: Craig Ball
Mr. Fletcher has more than 27 years of experience in law firm technology. He’s served in executive positions with Informatics Legal Systems and Financial Software, Inc. and has extensive strategic IT consulting expertise with medium to large law firms. Prior to joining Parker Poe in 2005, Mr. Fletcher spent five years as the Director of IT & Facilities at Maples and Calder, an international firm based in the Cayman Islands.
About Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP has 225 lawyers in six offices across North Carolina and South Carolina. The Firm represents domestic and international clients in litigation and dispute, commercial, transactional and regulatory matters, which include employment, environmental and government affairs.