(RALEIGH, N.C.)–The Triangle Business Journal has selected Melanie Black Dubis as a Women in Business award recipient for 2011. Ms. Dubis is a partner in the Raleigh office of Parker Poe.
“This year’s Women in Business winners represent a consummate balance of business success and community building,” says Bryan Hamilton, publisher, Triangle Business Journal. “These are women who have held themselves to extraordinary goals and have persevered through many obstacles to accomplish them.”
The Women in Business awards program recognizes Triangle women who have proven to be dynamic and outstanding leaders with established track records of significant accomplishments in business and/or community service.
The class of women chosen annually for the award by the weekly business newspaper were recognized at a special awards luncheon held at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham on August 25.
The following is a listing of this year’s Women in Business award recipients:
- Ping Fu, Geomagic Inc. – Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
- Lea-Ann Berst, Pivot Point Group
- Novlet Bradshaw, Rex Healthcare
- Karen Braswell, Alphanumeric Systems, Inc.
- Kathy Burns, Burns & Bynum CPA
- Mary-Dell Chilton, Syngenta Biotechnology
- Heather Dean, Hughes Pittman & Gupton
- Melanie Black Dubis, Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein
- Kelly Tillotson Ensslin, Smith Moore Leatherwood
- Carol A. Hahn, Duke Health
- Linda Harrill, Communities in Schools of North Carolina
- Kristen Hess, HH Architecture
- Patricia “Trish” Holland, Jackson Lewis
- Lorrie Jones-Hartley, Durham Regional Hospital
- Deborah Lambert, Johnson Lambert & Co.
- Sheila A. Mikhail, Life Sciences Law
- Patricia Picquet, Captrust Financial Advisors
- Lynn Robbins, Lincoln Community Health Center
- Paula brown Stafford, Quintiles
- Carla Starr, Mulkey Engineers & Consultants
- Marirose Steigerwald, Elinvar
- Catherine Stuart, Stuart Law Firm
- Iona Thomas, Stewart Engineering
- Julie White, N.C. Metropolitan Mayors Coalition
- Elaine Wingate, Novella Clinical
- Diane Whitney, Corporation for Positive Change
About Parker Poe
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP has 230 lawyers in six offices located in major markets across North Carolina and South Carolina. The Firm provides legal counsel to large commercial and public organizations on litigation, corporate and regulatory matters. It has been recognized in recent years as one of the fastest growing law firms in the United States and as an award-winning leader in the use of technology to provide better and more efficient service to domestic and international clients.