First, the reminder…
Many of you have already signed up for the Public Company Forum (June 18th from 9 am until noon at Queens University). For those of you who have not, I hope that you will consider joining us. It should be a lively and informative event. For more details (including how to register), please click on the Public Company Forum icon to the right of this page.
Here is a summary of the topics and speakers:
Session I—What’s New in Securities and Compliance
Doug Harmon and Vanessa Clark—
The Public Company Growth & Compliance Group of Parker Poe
- Proxy access developments and trends
- The SEC’s proposed pay-for-performance rules
- SEC whistleblower program developments
Session II— A Mergers & Acquisitions Update
Patrick McAuley (Moderator)—Director, Transactional Services, Grant Thornton
Alan Sauber–Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, Premier, Inc.
Erik Swanson—Vice President, Strategic & Corporate Development, Premier, Inc.
David Wallin—Senior Manager, Audit, Grant Thornton
A panel discussion of:
- Recent market, financial reporting and regulatory trends in business combinations and spin-offs
- Pre- and post-acquisition financial checklists, certification and integration issues and overcoming real world “gotchas”
Session III—Enterprise Risk Management—Competing and Complementary Roles, Trends and Best Practices
A-J Secrist—Director, Enterprise Regulatory Risk, Wells Fargo Securities
Keith Keller—Managing Director, Business Advisory Services, Grant Thornton
A discussion of:
- The conflicting, overlapping and complementary roles of legal, financial and operations personnel, as well as the board of directors, in the creation and implementation of effective enterprise risk management
- Recent trends and best practices.
And the announcement…
Just last week, we rolled out the Public Company Growth & Compliance group’s new website, which you can access by clicking here. The new site is dedicated to the interrelated, multi-disciplinary needs of public companies in the following areas:
- capital markets & finance
- executive compensation
- governance, risk & compliance
- mergers, acquisitions & joint ventures
- shareholder litigation
- internal & external investigations
The website contains a substantial, searchable archive of articles, blog posts and items of note written and catalogued from a public company’s perspective. It also includes information about Public Company Forums and training opportunities for management and directors that can be tailored to specific companies. Please take a minute to click through the website and bookmark it for future reference.
As always, I appreciate your feedback and continued support.