You will soon receive an email invitation to our upcoming Public Company Forum. If you have previously attended, you know that the PCF is a semi-annual, multidisciplinary, interactive forum devoted specifically to the issues faced by public companies.
The Winter 2016 session will be held on Friday, January 22nd at the Le Meridien/Sheraton Hotels’ shared Conference Center at 555 South McDowell Street in Charlotte. We believe you will enjoy this location due to its modern facilities, complimentary parking and easy access from various directions.
As before, we’ll start with coffee and breakfast at 8:15 am. The presentations will run from 9 am until noon. There is no charge for attending, and attendees will receive 2.5 hours of CLE credit.
Topics to be Covered.
In addition to capital markets, securities compliance and corporate governance topics, the PCF covers an array of interrelated issues, such as risk management, financial issues, executive compensation, M&A and internal investigation and enforcement.
Specific topics to be discussed at this upcoming Winter 2016 session will include:
- Session I: Latest developments in executive compensation, presented by Parker Poe’s Public Company Growth & Compliance Group
- Session II: A panel discussion of cash management responses to pressure from activist shareholders and other concerns, led by Grant Thornton LLP and featuring local public company CFOs
- Session III: A panel discussion of the current state of corporate sustainability and responsibility, moderated by Parker Poe and featuring executives responsible for these initiatives at local public companies
Who should attend?
The breadth of PCF topics and the emphasis on their interconnection involves a variety of public company professionals, including:
- legal departments,
- CFOs and other finance personnel with risk management or SEC compliance responsibilities,
- risk management officers and managers,
- strategic growth and corporate development personnel, and
- human resource managers.
Public companies of all sizes and in all industries are invited. Past attendees have included companies ranging from Fortune 50 to those in the midst of IPOs and have covered such industries as energy, entertainment, financial services, food service, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and technology.