Parker Poe hosted a webinar April 28 to provide updates on the multitude of novel challenges employers have faced since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Foremost among these challenges may be the dramatic changes in state and federal employment law and guidance, with federal agencies releasing updates almost weekly. Tory Summey covered the following topics in the webinar:
- Health and safety update, including guidance from OSHA and CDC
- Updated EEOC Guidance
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act exemptions and exclusions
- Implementation of the CARES Act
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Unemployment benefits which may be available to employees
- Outline of the federal recovery plan
You can download the slides here and watch the webinar here.
You can find Parker Poe's additional webinars and alerts related to COVID-19 here.