Jump to Section Menu
Parker Poe knows that intellectual property assets, in particular patents, are vital to your business. Our attorneys, most of whom are registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), provide legal services to entities at the forefront of their industry sectors. We understand that navigating the patent landscape requires an efficient and seamless approach, but that no single approach suits every client’s needs.
Our attorneys assist clients on a broad range of matters, including by avoiding costly pitfalls, procuring and monetizing patents, providing transactional support, and, when necessary, litigating patent claims to protect assets, defend rights to practice, and mitigate exposure.
Beyond merely understanding the applicable laws, our attorneys draw on their education and experience in an array of scientific fields and work hand-in-hand with clients to understand their development processes and ultimate business goals. Parker Poe provides a balanced, pragmatic approach to achieving our clients’ business and financial objectives in a responsive, efficient, and effective manner.
Types of Patent Services
- Counseling on patent strategies
- Patent procurement
- Evaluation of patent portfolios
- Monetization and evaluation of patent assets
- Federal court litigation – assertion and defense
- Patent office post-grant proceedings
- Intellectual property licensing
- Patent risk avoidance
- Due diligence
- Secured favorable outcomes representing clients in federal litigation over intellectual property.
- Served as lead counsel for global generic pharmaceutical companies in patent litigation before U.S. district courts and USPTO proceedings, with numerous cases resulting in favorable outcomes.
- Served as U.S. patent counsel for multinational manufacturing companies, providing the full suite of patent services.
- Served as worldwide patent coordinating counsel, directing and managing the pursuit of patent protection in countries around the globe.
- Successfully invalidated patents and obtained non-infringement decisions related to patent claims.
- Asserted and rendered unpatentable patent claims before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).