The law firm of Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP is pleased to announce that 17 of its partners have been named to Business North Carolina magazine’s “Legal Elite” for 2006. The annual “Legal Elite” designations are culled from ballots sent to the state’s more than 16,000 attorneys.
Parker Poe attorneys named to the 2006 “Legal Elite” include:
- David Neal Allen, Charlotte – Litigation
- Catharine B. Arrowood, Raleigh – Antitrust
- Brian R. Brown, Raleigh – Tax/Estate Planning
- P. Neal Cook, Charlotte – Business Law
- Woodard E. Farmer, Jr., Charlotte – Real Estate
- John F. Graybeal, Raleigh – Antitrust
- Thomas N. Griffin, III, Charlotte – Environmental Law
- John R. Hairr III, Charlotte – Business Law
- Irvin W. Hankins, III, Charlotte – Litigation
- Russell B. Killen, Raleigh – Construction
- Brent M. Milgrom, Jr., Charlotte – Real Estate
- William G. Pappas, Raleigh – Business Law
- J. William Porter, Charlotte – Bankruptcy
- William L. Rikard, Jr., Charlotte – Litigation
- Robert W. Spearman, Raleigh – Antitrust
- Keith M. Weddington, Charlotte – Employment
- Edward W. Wellman, Jr., Charlotte – Business Law
Business North Carolina magazine sends ballots to more than 16,000 attorneys throughout North Carolina. Based on these votes, fewer than 500 lawyers are selected as the “Legal Elite” among thousands of statewide practitioners.
“We are pleased to have 17 of our partners recognized for excellence in the practice of law,” said William P. Farthing, Jr., Parker Poe’s Managing Partner. “This recognition is especially rewarding because the selections have been made by our fellow practitioners across North Carolina.”
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP currently has more than 175 lawyers, with five offices including Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina and Charleston, Columbia and Spartanburg, South Carolina. The firm provides a complete range of legal services and has extensive experience in antitrust and business torts, banking and finance, bankruptcy, reorganization and creditors’ rights, commercial litigation, corporate and commercial law, employee benefits, employment, environmental, government, health care, international, mergers and acquisitions, public finance, real estate and commercial development, securities, tax and torts, trial and insurance. www.parkerpoe.com.