Thirty-five attorneys from Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP have been named to The Best Lawyers in America list for 2007. This nearly doubles the firm’s 2006 rankings.
The Best Lawyers are selected as a result of an independent, peer-review survey, in which thousands of the top lawyers in the United States confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
Parker Poe attorneys named to the 2007 The Best Lawyers in America list include:
- David Neal Allen – Mass Tort Litigation, Medical Malpractice Law, Personal Injury Litigation and Product Liability Litigation
- Catharine B. Arrowood – Alternative Dispute Resolution, Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Jeffrey A. Bandini – Railroad Law
- Henry C. Campen, Jr. – Communications Law
- Harvey L. Cosper, Jr. – Medical Malpractice Law, Personal Injury Litigation and Professional Malpractice Law
- Anthony Fox – Land Use & Zoning Law
- Thomas N. Griffin, III – Environmental Law
- John E. Grupp – Product Liability Litigation
- Irvin W. Hankins, III – Commercial Litigation
- R. Douglas Harmon – Securities Law and Mutual Funds Law
- Josephine H. Hicks – Insurance Law
- Ashley L. Hogewood, Jr. – Real Estate Law
- Joy M. Hord – Health Care Law
- Max E. Justice – Environmental Law
- Russell B. Killen – Construction Law
- Charles C. Meeker – Administrative Law
- Heloise C. Merrill – Employee Benefits Law
- Brent M. Milgrom, Jr. – Real Estate Law
- Renee J. Montgomery – Administrative Law and Health Care Law
- Matthew J. Norton – Real Estate Law
- William G. Pappas – Corporate Law
- W. Edward Poe, Jr. – Energy Law
- J. William Porter – Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
- William L. Rikard, Jr. – Commercial Litigation
- Richard K. Schell – Corporate Law
- Roy L. Smart, III – Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Robert W. Spearman – Antitrust Law, Appellate Law, Commercial Litigation, Intellectual Property Law and Professional Malpractice Law
- David B. Summer, Jr. – Administrative Law and Health Care Law
- Susan Taylor Wall – Legal Malpractice Law
- Donald P. Ubell – Public Finance Law
- Keith M. Weddington – Labor and Employment Law
- Edward W. Wellman, Jr. – Corporate Law
- James L. Werner – Construction Law
- Stacy K. Wood – Alternative Dispute Resolution and Labor & Employment Law
- W. Samuel Woodard – Real Estate Law
Six Parker Poe attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers list for more than 10 years, including Ashley L. Hogewood, Jr., who has been named to the list for more than 20 years.
Published annually by Woodward/White, Inc., The Best Lawyers in America list represents 80 law specialties in every state. More than 1.8 million individual evaluations were processed to compile the 2007 edition.
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP currently has more than 200 lawyers in six offices across the Carolinas including Charlotte, Raleigh, Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Spartanburg. The firm provides a complete range of legal services and has extensive experience in antitrust and business torts, banking and finance, bankruptcy, reorganization and creditors’ rights, commercial litigation, corporate and commercial law, employee benefits, employment, environmental, government and public policy, health care, international, mergers and acquisitions, public finance, real estate and commercial development, securities, tax and torts, trial and insurance. www.parkerpoe.com.