Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP announced today that 19 attorneys have been recognized as North Carolina Super Lawyers 2007 by Law and Politics magazine. Super Lawyers are selected through a peer nomination and only five percent of North Carolina attorneys receive the honor.
Parker Poe attorney Catharine B. Arrowood was named among the Top 50 female lawyers in the state and the Top 100 lawyers in the state. David Neal Allen, Thomas N. Griffin III, William L. Rikard, Jr. were also recognized among the Top 100 lawyers in the state.
The following Parker Poe attorneys were named to the 2007 Super Lawyers list:
- Michael G. Adams, Charlotte – Business Litigation
- David Neal Allen, Charlotte – Class Action/Mass Torts
- Catharine B. Arrowood, Raleigh – Business Litigation
- Harvey L. Cosper, Jr., Charlotte – Personal Injury Defense: Medical
- Thomas N. Griffin III, Charlotte – Environmental
- Ashley L. Hogewood, Jr, Charlotte – Real Estate
- Russell B. Killen, Raleigh – Construction/Surety
- Fred T. Lowrance, Charlotte – Construction/Surety
- Brent M. Milgrom, Jr., Charlotte – Real Estate
- Renee J. Montgomery, Raleigh – Health Care
- William G. Pappas, Raleigh – Business/Corporate
- J. William Porter, Charlotte – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- William L. Rikard Jr., Charlotte – Business Litigation
- Roy L. Smart III, Charlotte – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Robert W. Spearman, Raleigh – General Litigation
- Donald P. Ubell, Charlotte – Bonds/Government Finance
- Keith M. Weddington, Charlotte – Employment & Labor
- Edward W. Wellman, Jr., Charlotte – Securities & Corporate Finance
- A. Grant Whitney, Jr., Charlotte – Real Estate
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP currently has more than 200 lawyers in six offices across the Carolinas including Charlotte, Raleigh, Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Spartanburg. The firm provides a complete range of legal services and has extensive experience in antitrust and business disputes, banking and finance, bankruptcy, reorganization and creditors’ rights, commercial litigation, corporate and commercial law, employee benefits, employment, environmental, government and public policy, health care, immigration, international, mergers and acquisitions, public finance, real estate and commercial development, securities, tax, torts, trials and insurance. www.parkerpoe.com.