Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP announced today that 21 attorneys have been recognized as North Carolina Super Lawyers 2008 by Law and Politics magazine. Attorneys from every department in the Firm were included on the list.
In addition to inclusion on the list of North Carolina Super Lawyers, Parker Poe attorney Catharine B. Arrowood was named among the Top 50 female lawyers in the state. David Neal Allen and Harvey L. Cosper, Jr. were recognized among the Top 100 lawyers in the state.
The following Parker Poe attorneys were named to the 2008 North Carolina Super Lawyers list:
- Michael G. Adams, Charlotte – Business Litigation
- David Neal Allen, Charlotte – Class Action/Mass Torts
- Catharine B. Arrowood, Raleigh – Business Litigation
- James N. Brennan IV, Charlotte – Banking
- Harvey L. Cosper, Jr., Charlotte – Personal Injury Defense: Medical
- Jonathan M Crotty, Charlotte – Employment & Labor
- Thomas N. Griffin III, Charlotte – Environmental
- Ashley L. Hogewood, Jr, Charlotte – Real Estate
- Russell B. Killen, Raleigh – Construction Litigation
- Scott E. Leo, Charlotte – Bonds/Government Finance
- Fred T. Lowrance, Charlotte – Construction/Surety
- Brent M. Milgrom, Jr., Charlotte – Real Estate
- Renee J. Montgomery, Raleigh – Health Care
- William G. Pappas, Raleigh – Business/Corporate
- J. William Porter, Charlotte – Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- William L. Rikard Jr., Charlotte – Business Litigation
- Roy L. Smart III, Charlotte – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Robert W. Spearman, Raleigh – General Litigation
- Donald P. Ubell, Charlotte – Bonds/Government Finance
- Keith M. Weddington, Charlotte – Employment & Labor
- Edward W. Wellman, Jr., Charlotte – Mergers & Acquisitions
Super Lawyers are selected through a peer nomination and only five percent of North Carolina attorneys receive the honor. North Carolina Super Lawyers is featured in the February 2008 issue of Charlotte magazine and will be included in a special advertising supplement in The New York Times (North Carolina distribution) next month.
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP has 225 lawyers in six offices across the Carolinas, including Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina, and Charleston, Columbia, Myrtle Beach and Spartanburg, South Carolina. The Firm counsels clients in Banking & Capital Markets, Business Law, Litigation, Real Estate & Commercial Development and Regulatory Law. These clients represent a wide range of industries, including leaders in international banking and finance, as well as health care and life sciences, retail, energy, construction, manufacturing, technology, professional services, and resort and hospitality companies. For additional information, visit www.parkerpoe.com.