Nineteen attorneys from Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP have been named to The Best Lawyers in America list for 2006. The Best Lawyers are selected as a result of a peer-review survey, in which thousands of the top lawyers in the U.S. confidentially evaluate their professional peers.
Attorneys named to the 2006 The Best Lawyers in America list are:
- David Neal Allen – Personal Injury Litigation
- Catharine B. Arrowood – Alternative Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation
- Harvey L. Cosper, Jr. – Personal Injury Litigation
- Thomas N. Griffin, III – Environmental Law
- Irvin W. Hankins, III – Commercial Litigation
- Ashley L. Hogewood, Jr. – Real Estate Law
- Max E. Justice – Environmental Law
- Brent M. Milgrom, Jr. – Real Estate Law
- William G. Pappas – Corporate Law
- W. Edward Poe, Jr. – Energy Law
- J. William Porter – Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law
- William L. Rikard, Jr. – Commercial Litigation
- Roy L. Smart, III – Corporate Law
- Robert W. Spearman – Antitrust Law, Commercial Litigation and Intellectual Property Law
- David B. Summer, Jr. – Health Care Law
- Donald P. Ubell – Public Finance Law
- Keith M. Weddington – Labor and Employment Law
- Edward W. Wellman, Jr. – Corporate Law
- W. Samuel Woodard – Real Estate Law
“We are delighted to have so many of our attorneys honored in The Best Lawyers in America,” said William P. Farthing, Jr., Parker Poe’s Managing Partner. “It is especially rewarding to recognize six of our partners – including Harvey Cosper, Ashley Hogewood, Max Justice, William Rikard, Sam Woodard and Bob Spearman – who have been selected as one of the Best Lawyers in at least ten consecutive editions.”
Now published annually by Woodward/White, Inc., The Best Lawyers in America list represents 57 law specialties in every state. More than 1.5 million individual evaluations were processed to compile this new edition.
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP currently has more than 170 lawyers, with five offices in the Carolinas. Parker Poe has North Carolina offices in Charlotte and Raleigh and South Carolina offices in Charleston, Columbia and Spartanburg. The firm provides a complete range of legal services and has extensive experience in antitrust and business torts, banking and finance, bankruptcy, reorganization and creditors’ rights, commercial litigation, corporate and commercial law, employee benefits, employment, environmental, government, health care, international, mergers and acquisitions, public finance, real estate and commercial development, securities, tax and torts, trial and insurance. www.parkerpoe.com.