(CHARLOTTE, N.C.)—Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP announced today that Business North Carolina magazine has named 13 Firm attorneys to its 2011 “Legal Elite.” The 10th Annual List includes Raleigh Partner Catharine Biggs Arrowood as a “Top Vote-Getter” in the Antitrust category. As a top vote-getter, Ms. Arrowood will join the Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite Hall of Fame.
“Legal Elite” attorneys are selected through ballots sent to the state’s more than 20,000 attorneys who are active members of the North Carolina State Bar. Members of the Bar are asked to select the best lawyer in each field. Lawyers may not select themselves and can only vote for members of their own firms if they also chose someone outside their firms in the same category. With more weight given to outside votes, fewer than three-percent of the state’s lawyers were named to the list this year.
The 13 Parker Poe attorneys were named in nine legal categories, with Ms. Arrowood named in both Antitrust and Litigation. The complete list of the 2011 Parker Poe Legal Elite are:
- Catharine Biggs Arrowood, Raleigh (Top Vote-Getter and Hall of Fame)
- John Graybeal, Raleigh
- Robert W. Spearman, Raleigh
- Brian D. Darer, Raleigh
- J. William Porter, Charlotte
- William G. Pappas, Raleigh
- Brian S. Cromwell, Charlotte
- Thomas N. Griffin III, Charlotte
- Arthur J. DeBaugh, Raleigh
- Catharine Biggs Arrowood, Raleigh
- Eric H. Cottrell, Charlotte
- Brent M. Milgrom, Jr., Charlotte
- Andrea C. Chomakos, Charlotte
- James N. Greene III, Charlotte
About Parker Poe
Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein LLP has 230 lawyers in six offices located in major markets across North Carolina and South Carolina. The Firm provides legal counsel to commercial and public organizations on corporate, finance, litigation, real estate and regulatory matters. It has been recognized in recent years as one of the fastest growing law firms in the United States and as an award-winning leader in the use of technology to provide clients with improved and more efficient service.