Sarah Hutchins presented in a webinar to the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) Charlotte Chapter. Sarah explained how contracts should be an important part of companies' data security and data privacy compliance strategy. She touched on:
- Regulations requiring contractual protections for shared data, including the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Agreements with customers and consumers on the security and privacy of their data through a company's privacy notice.
- Explicit and implied contractual agreements with employees regarding their data.
- Contractual protections for data in litigation.
- Due diligence questions in mergers and acquisitions.
The ACC Charlotte Chapter has more than 800 members and helps in-house lawyers with their educational, career development, networking, advocacy, pro bono, and community service needs.