Many foreign-owned companies operating in the U.S. are learning the hard way that GDPR compliance is not enough in their approach to data protection compliance. We hosted a webinar to provide an increased understanding of the wholesale change in the legal and regulatory landscape for cyber and data protection risks in the U.S. Among several changes in data breach laws, two new comprehensive state data privacy laws have been enacted, with more on the horizon.
Sarah Hutchins and Steve Britt presented along with an insurance professional from USI Insurance Services. They focused on:
- How the explosion of ransomware has changed cyber insurance underwriting in the U.S.
- New requirements for vendor management, including new contract requirements.
- New requirements for privacy notices and employment related data policies.
- New data protection assessment requirements.
- Ransomware liability and best practices to protect against business interruption.
- Best practices in data breach response and the impact of a security incident.
You can watch a replay of the webinar here.