- Represented senior banking officials during a federal grand jury investigation.
- Represented officers and directors during SEC investigation of possible securities and accounting violations.
- Counseled on major health care fraud investigations and defense involving the U.S. Department of Justice, HHS-OIG, and state Departments of Justice.
- Advised, counseled, and assisted in the defense of pharmaceutical and biotech companies in False Claim Act litigation involving off-label usage and PBM/GPO arrangements.
- Counseled on federal criminal investigation of a health care products company suspected of improper billing, marketing, and sales practices.
- Represented a major laboratory facing parallel state and federal investigations.
- Represented defense contractor in comprehensive export enforcement action (ITAR and EAR) conducted by multiple federal agencies.
- Represented a Fortune 500 client in a private federal grand jury investigation.
- Served as counsel in federal court to a court-appointed receiver managing an SEC-related matter.
- Achieved dismissal by U.S. Attorney's Office of all charges against our executive client concerning allegations of federal criminal fraud.
- Served as antitrust counsel to a Fortune 500 company.
- Represented a major manufacturer victimized by a key competitor’s criminal conduct.
- Represented doctors and a hospital targeted by federal and state agencies for alleged criminal, civil, and regulatory violations.
- Defended a major health care provider facing federal allegations of fraud.
- Conducted an internal review of sensitive allegations of attorney misconduct for a federal district court.
- Defended companies and individuals in antitrust grand jury investigations.
International Intrigue – In a three-year investigation and litigation matter, we assisted the client with issues arising from the conduct of an eastern European CEO of a joint venture with our American client and several other European companies. The complex and high-stakes matter ultimately involved state court litigation, administrative hearings before a federal administrative law judge, and investigations and related proceedings before federal authorities and the whistleblower arm of OSHA (part of the U.S. Department of Justice).
Acquiring Trouble – We represented a global high-tech company in an action initiated by the Federal Trade Commission under Section 2 of the Sherman Act and arising from the client’s acquisition of a competing company.
Antitrust Issues – Our team has represented companies in a variety of national and international antitrust and price fixing investigations. As an example, we represented an American subsidiary of a Japanese company in an investigation conducted by the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice resulting in a declination of prosecution (no charges filed).
Risky Business Overseas – Our team assisted a defense contractor in a two-year multicountry FCPA investigation regarding allegations in the news media of bribes paid to a foreign government official to obtain an operating license. Although the government expanded its investigation several times, our team successfully resolved the matter with a “declination letter” from the Department of Justice (no prosecution, no fines, no penalties).